1. Product Compliance
It is the vendor’s responsibility to ensure that all products and related content that you make available on the Thokmandee.com marketplace meets these requirements set forth in these Product Guidelines. Thokmandee.com reserves the right to update these Product Guidelines from time to time, so please check back periodically for changes. Throughout these Product Guidelines, the word “include” or “including” means “including, but not limited to”. Capitalized terms used herein but not defined shall have the meanings given to them in the General Terms, Vendor Terms and/or wholesale buyer Terms, as applicable, and the terms and conditions of all of the foregoing are incorporated herein by reference. You acknowledge and agree to:
- abide by these Product Guidelines, Thokmandee.com’s Terms of Service, Thokmandee.com’s Vendor Terms (if you are a Vendor) and Thokmandee.com’s wholesale buyer Terms (if you are a wholesale buyer);
- comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including safety, labeling, testing, warning, import, export, regional certifications and all other applicable consumer protection law requirements;
- not infringe upon the intellectual property, publicity or other rights of any third parties;
- not provide any false, inaccurate or misleading information about your products; and
- ensure that the products you sell are allowed to be sold from your jurisdiction and into a wholesale buyer’s jurisdiction.
You acknowledge and agree that Thokmandee.com is not responsible for determining whether you meet the above requirements, and you hereby release Thokmandee.com from any liability with respect thereto. Your compliance with the foregoing requirement is a material condition of your participation as a Seller on the Thokmandee.com marketplace.
2. Prohibited Products
Thokmandee.com does not allow any of the following products on the Thokmandee.com marketplace:
- Counterfeit products or products that you do not have the right to sell (e.g., products that you do not make or that are not under your Vendor). Thokmandee.com does not allow products or listings that use a Vendor’s name, logo, or protected design without the Vendor owner’s consent or permission,
- Firearms / firearm ammunition
- Weapons, including knives, explosives and related items
- Products containing any amount of alcohol
- Products containing any amount of drugs, including prescription, legal or illegal drugs
- Any products that contain Cannabidiol (CBD) or Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
- Drug paraphernalia
- Cigarettes, cigars, tobacco, electronic cigarettes, vape sticks or pens, hookah pipes and other smoking Equipment
- Any hazardous, toxic, flammable, biohazardous, unsafe or dangerous products
- Any recalled products
- Dietary supplements
- Animal or animal products, including fur (excluding leather goods)
- Pornography, including images, videos or other offensive materials
- Products that are offensive or promote, incite or glorify hate or violence towards any person or group
- Culturally insensitive products
- Products related to terrorist organizations
- Confederate flag merchandise
- Digital goods, including software
- Gift cards
- Currency, coins, cash equivalents, Bitcoin or other similar digital currency
- Fine art
- Gambling or lottery related items
- Any products containing asbestos or flame-retardant chemicals
- Counterfeit goods
- Used goods
- Any other products that Thokmandee.com determines in its discretion to be inappropriate for availability on the Thokmandee.com marketplace.
3. Compliance with Laws
Vendors are responsible for being familiar with and complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations relevant to the products they make available through Thokmandee.com (whether international, federal, state, local or otherwise). This includes the following (but please note this list is not exhaustive and it is your responsibility to know what laws, rules and regulations apply to you):
- Packaging and product labeling laws (apparel or otherwise)
- Eco-friendly laws
- Plastic bag warning labels and laws
4. Recalled Products
Vendors agree to immediately inform Thokmandee.com if any products have been recalled, giving the following information: (a) product name; (b) SKU number or other identifying number; (c) number of units sold to wholesale buyer; (d) purpose of recall; and (e) any other information necessary so that the products may be properly and quickly recalled.
5. Violation of These Product Guidelines
If you breach any of these Product Guidelines, Thokmandee.com will have the right to deactivate products, temporarily suspend or permanently terminate your account and/or Thokmandee.com’s General Terms and/or Vendor Terms, in its sole discretion and without prior notice to you.
Selling alcohol on Thokmandee
You can sell alcohol on Thokmandee if you are based in one of the following countries:
- The UK
- (excluding Crown dependencies: Guernsey, Jersey, The Isle of Man, and the British Virgin Islands, as well as British Overseas Territories such as Gibraltar)
Selling alcohol products on Thokmandee is permitted domestically and cross-border within these countries only.
Please note : Any product containing less than 0.5% ABV is considered alcohol-free.
What requirements are there to sell alcohol products?
You can list alcohol products on Thokmandee if you are based in and are shipping from one of the launched countries listed above, and your products meet the following requirements:
- Alcohol content is less than 70% by volume.
- Stored in containers with a capacity of 5 liters or less per individual product.
- Please note, the limit of 5 liters is per individual product. We can support shipments that contain multiple products, as long as each product is in a container with a capacity of 5 liters or less.
Who can I sell alcohol to?
Buyers in the countries listed above can buy your alcohol products. Any buyer who does not have a store in the eligible countries will not be able to purchase alcohol on Thokmandee
We recommend you verify any alcohol order that you receive, to confirm the buyer is located in the eligible countries listed above.
How do excise duties work on Thokmandee?
Alcohol products are subject to excise duties. Thokmandee only supports the sale of duty paid alcohol products on the platform. This means that the price of the product must include any applicable excise duties, and you are responsible for listing the product with the correct price on the platform.
When a buyer in another country purchases alcohol products from you on Thokmandee, they will be responsible for paying any excise duties to the customs authorities in their country.
Thokmandee is not responsible for covering excise duties for either the Vendor or the buyer in any transaction for alcohol products.
Package and ship alcohol?
To learn more about packaging and shipping alcohol products, visit Shipping alcohol products with Thokmandee
Do I need to include any documentation, when selling alcohol products on Thokmandee?
Vendors are responsible for the issuance of valid invoices and required documentation to accompany alcohol product orders. Invoices generated by Thokmandee are not valid for selling alcohol products. Please see below for additional guidance and if you have further questions, please consult your tax advisor.
Selling alcohol within your country
Selling alcohol “duty paid” to a buyer in your country generally is not subject to additional documentation requirements. That said, a “Simplified Accompanying Administrative Document” or Export Accompanying Document may be required. To confirm the requirements for your Vendor, please consult your tax advisor.
Selling alcohol within the EU
When you ship products to a buyer in another EU country, you are required to prepare a “Simplified Accompanying Administrative Document” and include this with the shipment. The “Simplified Accompanying Administrative Document” provides proof that excise duties have been paid in the Vendor’s country. For more information on documentation requirements when shipping alcohol, please see: European Commission. Here is a sample SAAD document.
Buyers located in another country are required to report to their local customs and excise authorities that they are importing alcohol, and will have to pay the applicable excise duties due in the country upon entry.
If you sell and dispatch duty paid alcohol products to a buyer in another EU member state, you may be entitled to a refund of the excise duties. For more details on how refunds work and to determine if you’re eligible, please contact your customs broker or local excise authority.
Selling alcohol products across trade zones
At this time, alcohol products can only be sold to/from two non-EU countries : Switzerland and the UK
- When selling alcohol between EU and non-EU countries, you must include a “Single Administrative Document” (”SAD”), which corresponds to a customs declaration and provides proof that alcohol products are being exported. Vendors are required to prepare the SAD and to include it with the shipment of alcohol products.
- When shipping from other countries to the UK, you must include a commercial invoice.
- When shipping from the UK to other countries, you must include a commercial invoice.
- Thokmandee generates a generic commercial invoice for each one of these international shipments. Please note, depending on your products, additional fields might be required on the commercial invoice; or longer tariff codes, in this case, we recommend you create your own commercial invoice. To learn more,
- buyers are required to report to their local customs and excise authorities that they are importing alcohol, and therefore will have to pay the applicable excise taxes upon entry.
Additional requirements for UK Vendors
If you are a UK-based Vendor selling alcohol to buyers outside of the UK, you must meet the same requirements outlined above, as well as the requirements listed below:
- All UK based Vendors must have a Unique Reference Number (URN) as part of the Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS). This is a legal requirement of wholesalers.
- When accepting an alcohol order, you will be prompted to enter your URN in your account. As the wholesaler, it is your responsibility to ensure that the number you are providing is valid.
when you fulfill an alcohol order, if you haven’t added a URN to your account, you will have the option to add your URN in via your order page:
As a Vendor, it is your responsibility to keep your URN up to date. If you receive an order containing alcohol products (domestic or international) and do not have a URN, you won’t be able to accept the order until you have successfully registered and updated your URN.
I am seeing a prohibited product warning when adding my products why?
At this time, the sale of alcohol is only available to Vendors in the countries listed at the top of this page.
If you have additional questions about selling Alcohol on Thokmandee, please reach out to our support team by Contacting Us